Jiu-jitsu keeps teaching me HOW to learn and I thought I should make a quick list of things I might want to check out in the near term. Yes, this could have been a personal journal post or something, but I want to inspire others to make their own lists, too, and to take a step towards one of them. JUST START.
I was just looking at prices for singing lessons this morning!
Other things I’m thinking about learning over the next year or two:
- Mandarin Lessons (took for 3 years earlier. I used to be able to write full paragraphs in characters. i would love to be great at a tough language like this)
- Czech Lessons (I can speak the language OK but I would love to write)
- More music lessons in general (keyboard, but also guitar and bass y not)
- Character Drawing.
- Mushroom Picking.
- Unity Engine for VR and gaming dev.
- Re-learn Cinema 4D. I really haven’t touched it in years.
- Become flexible enough to do splits and get my legs behind my head (i can get the legs back there if i bend forward a lot).
- Learn to cook great vegetarian meals.
There’s more. I just have to get to work now. I think in the end, my biggest goal right now is to define my purpose. Why do I want to know these things? How do they intersect and what can I do with them?
You can begin to understand a subject in a month. Scratch the surface. You can be OK to competent in 2 years.